
What's on your needle this week? One of my many current projects is a pair of socks that I am knitting from some of the softest sock yarn around. It is a South American Sock Yarn I bought from another Etsy seller (Dani at Sunshine Yarns - who is a friend of my sister and a successful yarn dyer - check out her new website at sunshineyarns.com). My sister and I use a similar (if not the same) yarn for our yarn dyeing. It is like Malabrigo, but I personally think it's even nicer. This is a single ply yarn that makes a pair of socks that you will never want to remove take off
of your feet.
I found this pattern in one of my many net surfing expeditions on a blog (monika-freepatterns.blogspot.com). It is called "Ashes" by Monika Steinbauer and I adapted it to the "magic loop" method. Knitting socks from all of those double-pointed needles drives me crazy. I just love using circular needles, especially the Addi Turbo needles.
Anyway, this pattern is so easy to knit. It gives the illusion of cables, but is much simpler to knit and goes very quickly.
Now I have to struggle with myself. Do I keep these for myself? I end up giving away everything that make these days. Maybe for once, I should be a little selfish and keep one for me.
Pattern: "Ashes" By Monika Stenbauer
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns - "Sun and Sea" - So. American Single Ply Merino Wool Sock Yarn
Needles: Addi Turbo 32" Circular - Size 4
Started: February, 2008 - in progress
of your feet.I found this pattern in one of my many net surfing expeditions on a blog (monika-freepatterns.blogspot.com). It is called "Ashes" by Monika Steinbauer and I adapted it to the "magic loop" method. Knitting socks from all of those double-pointed needles drives me crazy. I just love using circular needles, especially the Addi Turbo needles.
Anyway, this pattern is so easy to knit. It gives the illusion of cables, but is much simpler to knit and goes very quickly.
Now I have to struggle with myself. Do I keep these for myself? I end up giving away everything that make these days. Maybe for once, I should be a little selfish and keep one for me.
Pattern: "Ashes" By Monika Stenbauer
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns - "Sun and Sea" - So. American Single Ply Merino Wool Sock Yarn
Needles: Addi Turbo 32" Circular - Size 4
Started: February, 2008 - in progress

No comments:
Post a Comment